The basic warranty for Mazda vehicles covers all parts found to be factory defective for 36 months or 80,000 km (60,000 km for the B-Series), whichever comes first. Additional warranties cover powertrain components for a period of 5 years or 100,000 km, whichever comes first. The 2004–2011 RX-8 rotary short engine (engine core only) is covered for an additional period ending at 96 months or 160,000 km. Body sheet metal perforation for 8 years and unlimited mileage (on 2013 model year and newer) and specific emission control components for up to 8 years or 128,000 km. Exclusions from coverage for all Mazda vehicles are limited to maintenance items or adjustments (repairs not requiring parts replacement) on vehicles over 12 months old or 20,000 km and repairs due to normal wear and tear. Ask your Mazda Dealer for additional information.
Replacement Parts Warranty
Replacement parts: Parts or accessories replaced/installed under warranty are covered for the time remaining in the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
Service adjustments: Service adjustments, minor repairs not usually associated with the replacement of parts.
Powertrain components: See list in Powertrain Section.
Perforation: Covers perforated panels (rust through) due to defects in material or workmanship under normal use.
Emission defect: Only 3 components are covered: Catalytic Converter, Electronic Emissions Control Unit (P.C.M.) and the On Board Emissions Diagnostic Device.
Safety restraint parts list: Seatbelts and related components, Supplemental Air Bag system.
Mazda warrants that the powertrain components of your new Mazda Vehicle are free from defects in Mazda-supplied material or workmanship which results in improper function, subject to the following terms and conditions. A Mazda dealer will make necessary repairs, using new or remanufactured genuine Mazda parts to correct any problem covered by this warranty without charge to you.
Powertrain components parts list (2000–2008 except B truck)
- Rotary Engine (for RX-8): Rotor housings, side housings and all internal parts, front cover and all internal parts, intake manifold, flywheel, oil pan, metering oil pump, oil cooler, engine mounts, water pump, charge air cooler, gaskets and seals.
- Engine: Cylinder block, head and all internal parts, timing cover, gears, sprockets and timing chain or belt, intake manifold, flywheel and pilot bearing, oil pump and chain, valve cover, oil pan, oil cooler, engine mounts, gaskets and seals.
- Transmission/Transaxle: Transmission case and all internal parts, torque converter, transmission mounts, external oil cooler, gaskets and seals.
- Drivetrain: Differential housing and all internal parts, drive axle and constant velocity joints, propeller shaft, centre bearing and universal joints, internally lubricated bearings, boots, gaskets and seals.
- Drivetrain (4x4): Transfer case and all internal parts, freewheel hub and all internal parts, remote freewheel and all internal parts, gaskets and seals.
Powertrain components parts list (B truck)
- Cylinder Block (Engine): Connecting rods and bearings, core plugs, crankshaft, bearing and seals, front cover, gaskets and seals, oil pan, gaskets and seals oil pump and shaft, pistons, pins and rings and other internal parts.
- Valvetrain (Engine): Camshafts and bearings, fuel pump eccentric, rocker arm, shafts and pivots, timing sprockets and chain, belt, belt tensioner and cover, valve lifters, push rods and cover, valves, springs, dampers and retainers and other internal parts.
- Cylinder Head (Engine): Core plugs, gaskets, and valve covers and other internal parts.
- Exhaust Manifold (Engine)
- Intake Manifold (Engine): Baffles, gaskets and seals.
- Water Pump and gasket (Engine)
- Fuel Injection Pump and Lines (Engine)
- Front Drive Axle (4x4): Front drive axle housing and all internal parts, drive axles, gaskets and seals, CV joints and axle bearings.
- Rear Drive Axle: Rear drive axle housing and all internal parts, drive axles, gaskets and seals, rear wheel axle bearings.
- Driveshaft: Driveshaft assembly, slip yoke, support bearings and universal joints.
- Manual Transmission: Auxiliary transmission and all internal parts, clutch housing, flywheel, housing and cover, gaskets and seals, pilot bearing, starter ring gear and transfer case and all internal parts.
- Automatic Transmission: Case and all internal parts, oil pan, gasket and seals, torque converter and flex plate.
Powertrain components parts list (2009–2013 except B truck)
- Engine: Cylinder Block, Cylinder Head, and All Internal Lubricated Parts (Piston engines), Rotor Housing and All Internal Lubricated Parts (Rotary engines), Timing gears, Timing chain/belt and tensioner, Timing chain/belt front cover and gaskets, Flywheel, Valve Covers and Gaskets, Oil Pan, Oil Pump, Oil Metering Pump, Intake Manifold and Gaskets, Exhaust Manifold and Gaskets, Engine Mounts, Turbocharger Housing and All Internal Parts, Supercharger Housing and All Internal Parts, Water Pump and Gaskets, Thermostat and Gaskets, Fuel Pump, Seals and Gaskets.
- Transmission and Transaxle: Transmission Case and All Internal Parts, Torque converter, Clutch Pressure Plate, Transmission Mounts, Transfer Case and All Internal Parts, Transmission/Transaxle Control Module.
- Front/Rear Drive System: Final Drive Housing and all Internally Lubricated Parts, Rear Axle Housing (Differential) and all Internally Lubricated Parts, Manual and Automatic Hub (4x4), Front Wheel Hubs and Bearing (FWD Transaxles), Rear Axle/Hub Bearing (RWD and AWD only), Axle/Drive Shafts, Universal Joints, Constant Velocity Joints, Propeller shaft (RWD and AWD only), Seals and Gaskets.
The liability of Mazda under this warranty is limited solely to the repair or replacement of parts defective in Mazda-supplied material or workmanship by a Mazda dealer at its place of business. Specifically, it does not include any expense of, or related to, transportation to such a dealer or payment for loss of use of the Mazda vehicle during warranty repairs.